Posts Tagged ‘Sharepoint’

 

So, just recently I was asked to work yet another miracle.

The Scope.

1. We need to go paperless.

2. We need to move a certain form to an online platform and make it easy for users to fill in. With a custom picture and add checkboxes on top of that.

3. We need this information to be saved onto a SharePoint site with unique filenames.

4. We need this to be simply and NOT require a user to use the traditional “Save As” or “Save to SharePoint”

So away I went and started to think. A few glitches, Point #2, a picture as in the background with control boxes over it. Um……

So, I managed to work around that with playing with the image size and using it as a “Watermark”. One sneaky little thing done, a few more to go. Then I went about adding all my controls for specific entries.

So, now onto the save to SharePoint with unique names. Enter a little bit of VBA coding and lots of Uncle Google. I was able to create a mapped drive in VBA, as you cannot save directly to SharePoint Sad smile. So, map a drive to the folder that can exposed via SharePoint, when you select “Explorer View”. I was then able to use VBA to read information from a TextBox to create the file name. Once that was completed, I remove the drive so that our End Users do not log calls about a new “Mapped drive”. Some of the coding below to help anyone else trying to do something similar.

VBA Code Below

=============

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Set WshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
WshNetwork.MapNetworkDrive "Z:", \\sharepointserver@portnumber\DavWWWRoot\libraryname
Set WshNetwork = Nothing
Dim sFileName As String
Dim sPath As String
sFileName = ControlName.Text
sPath = "z:\"
‘(Replace with the name of the formfield you want to use)
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=sPath & sFileName, FileFormat:=wdFormatDocument
Set WshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
WshNetwork.RemoveNetworkDrive "Z:", True
End Sub

Hope this helps someone else.

Follow me

facebook-small32222 twitter-small32222

Advertisements

I have finally found some time to look some more into DPM and decided to modify my environment and created some additional PROTECTION GROUPS. I am particularly chuffed as I have not done this before. Make no error, I have used DPM extensively for mailbox recoveries (Execs and other users crying about loosing items), recovering of databases and VHD (see some of my previous posts). So back to my point, the Protection groups were created without any hassle and now I have a dedicated SharePoint Protection Group.

See below, an extract from a script from Scripting Repository, many thanks to it’s author

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/1c9c61ce-688f-4ef0-8d9b-cd93cd703c45

image

I did however run into a few hiccups and have learnt a few amount Smile

There are a few pre-reqs that are needed before the Sharepoint Protection Group can be created.

ConfigureSharePoint.exe must be run on the server were WSS / MOSS is located.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd441708.aspx

The SharePoint VSS writer must be started and the SQL VSS Writer must be started.

Then, if like me, you had protected the SQL databases separately, these WSS / MOSS databases will need to be removed from the Protection Group.

Then a few pieces are added, see screenshot below.

image

It does not look like much, however if you look at the “Recovery Options”, it will look a little more familiar with a few more familiar databases.

image

Hopefully this helps you

 

Follow me

facebook-small twitter-small